One Friday night, a young woman headed out with friends in Reykjavik, Iceland, for a night on the town. She left the bar in the wee hours of the morning, meandering down the street. Then…she disappeared. What unfolded in the weeks ahead would shake this tight-knit country to its very core.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
- The murder that shook Iceland
- A murder shocks Iceland and dents women’s sense of safety
- Rare Icelandic murder of young woman leaves country devastated
- Iceland mourns for missing girl found dead – a timeline of events
- Young local woman missing since Saturday: Have you seen her?
- Police does not rule out that pair of shoes believed to belong to missing woman were planted
- Search for missing young woman: Police releases footage from surveillance cameras
- Missing woman: Car seen in surveillance tapes likely found, driver seen behaving strangely
- Missing girl: Disturbing clues, no arrests, but Greenlandic trawler returned to harbour in Iceland
- Fourth man arrested after large quantities of drugs discovered on board Greenlandic trawler
- Body of missing girl found: All evidence points to murder by two Greenlandic fishermen
- ‘I am Birna’: Iceland mourns murdered woman
- Two trawler crew arrested after young woman’s body washes ashore in Iceland, gripped by rare homicide
- The memory of Birna Brjansdottir “I am Birna, all my friends are Birna”
- Police report reveals new details about the murder of 20-year old local girl
- Nordic True Crime: S1 E4 I am Birna