When 17-year-old Hang Lee leaves for a job interview and never comes home, police are quick to dismiss her as a troubled runaway. But when they finally take a deeper look into her case, they discover that the last man she was seen with has a violent criminal history, and no explanation for what happened to her.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
If you know something about Hang’s disappearance, and can help bring her family closure, you can call Crime Stoppers of Minnesota’s hotline at 800-222-8477, or visit crimestoppersmn.org and click ‘submit a tip’.
Episode Source Material
- Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN): Foul play feared in teen’s disappearance, by Conrad deFiebre.
- The Oshkosh Northwestern (Oshkosh, WI): Missing teen still missed, by Knight-Ridder.
- Pioneer Press (St. Paul, MN): ‘WE NEED TO KNOW’ – TWO MISSING-PERSON CASES — ONE A YEAR OLD, THE OTHER MORE THAN A DECADE — HAVE LEFT FAMILIES HAUNTED BY QUESTIONS AND INVESTIGATORS STYMIED BY DEAD ENDS., by Mara H. Gottfried.
- Pioneer Press (St. Paul, MN): A mystery that tortures her family, a photo that haunts St. Paul police, by Mara H. Gottfried.
- Star Tribune (St. Paul, MN): Age-enhanced image of woman released, by Pat Pheifer.
- Pioneer Press (St. Paul, MN): Police kick in Woodbury motel door, find kidnapped woman, by Richard Chin.
- 12 News (Phoenix, AZ): Family hopes for answers in 23-year-old cold case, by Lou Raguse.
- Pioneer Press (St. Paul, MN): Sex offender’s case might bring answers in St. Paul girl’s 1993 disappearance, by Mara H. Gottfried.
- Polk County, Wisconsin: 1993 “Jane Doe” Identified as Pearline Walton.
- Pioneer Press (St. Paul, MN): Lead fizzles in Hang Lee’s 1993 disappearance, by Emily Gurnon.
- Pioneer Press (St. Paul, MN): ‘IF YOU’RE ALIVE, COME HOME’ – MOTHER MAKES PLEA AS POLICE RENEW INVESTIGATION OF GIRL’S 1993 DISAPPEARANCE, by Mara H. Gottfired.
- Pioneer Press (St. Paul, MN): Sex offender who allegedly bragged about woman’s 1993 disappearance gets prison for 2016 kidnapping, by Maureen McMullen.
- Pioneer Press (St. Paul, MN): Jayme Closs’ return brings bittersweet hope to families of others who are missing, by Mara H. Gottfried.
- In the Matter of the Civil Commitment of Mark Steven Wallace.
- Kare 11: Minnesota Unsolved: The Saint Paul teen who never returned from a job interview, by Lou Raguse.
- Pioneer Press (St. Paul, MN): Family of teen missing from St. Paul for 24 years says goodbye, by Mara H. Gottfried.