Natanalie “Naty” Perez was chasing her dream of being a singer when she fell victim to a violent sex-trafficking ring in Florida and disappeared in June of 2012. More than a decade later, her family and investigators from the Anti-Predator Project are still trying to find her…or find out what happened to her.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
If you have information about Natanalie, contact the Anti-Predator Project hotline 24/7 at
305-796-4859. You can also call that number for help if you think a loved one is being trafficked and you don’t want to involve law enforcement. Or you can contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s 24-hour hotline at 800-843-5678 for any information regarding Natanalie’s disappearance.
If you or someone you know needs help, call the National Human Trafficking Hotline 24/7 at
1-888-373-7888 (TTY: 711) or text: 233733.
To learn more about human trafficking, check out the U.S. Department of Justice Office for Victims of Crime website, which includes resources for victims and survivors.
Find out how to recognize the signs and help victims of human trafficking at the U.S. Department of State website or polarisproject.org.
Check out 20 ways you can help fight human trafficking.
Episode Source Material
- Family of Missing 19-Year-Old Pleads for Help by Justin Finch
- Human trafficking is a real thing; Letters to the Editor via NewsLibrary.com
- Family continues search for missing woman by Jay Meisel accessed via NewsLibrary.com
- A Family’s Heartbreak: “We just want her home” by Patricia Davis
- Sex trafficking’s tragic paradox: when victims become perpetrators by Alexandra Baxter
- Report: Female victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation as defendants via United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Police and other records provided by Anti-Predator Project
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement criminal history reports
- Court records (Florida)
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Palm Beach County