Reed Jeppson, a Salt Lake City teen, went outside to feed his dogs one Sunday afternoon in 1964 – and vanished, with the dogs, into thin air. Decades later, his heartbroken family still has so many unanswered questions.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
If you have any information about Reed, please contact Salt Lake City police at 801-799-3000.
If Reed is alive today, he’s 74-years-old. He’s white, with medium blond hair and blue eyes. At the time of his disappearance, he was 5’6 and 140 pounds, and he had braces on his top and bottom teeth.
Episode Source Material
- Salt Lake City Police Department records
- Salt Lake County property records
- Deseret News: Still Hunt for Youth
- The Salt Lake Tribune: Police Solicit Hiker Help in Boy Hunt
- The Salt Lake Tribune: S.L. Asks Hunters’ Help in Teen Search
- Deseret News: Human remains found in Olympus Cove area by Pat Reavy
- Deseret News: Salt Lake police reopen case of boy missing for 45 years by Pat Reavy
- Deseret News: Shattered: After public moves on, families of missing left wondering about what happened to their loved ones by Lois M. Collins
- The Salt Lake Tribune: Search of Salt Lake City gully yields no sign of teen missing since 1964 by Michael McFall
- ABC4 Utah: The Justice Files: Reed Jeppson simply vanished by Marcos Ortiz
- ABC4 Utah: Missing in Utah: Reed Jeppson simply vanished Pt. 2 by Marcos Ortiz
- Podcast: Notes from Jon with a babble from Bon
- Episode 18 – Disappearance of Jon’s brother, Reed
- YouTube: The Jon Jeppson Story: A Life of Adversity, Trial and Faith