Just like love knows no gender, neither does jealousy, dysfunction or murder. In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month we are partnering with The Network/La Red to bring awareness to issues of domestic violence within the LGBTQ community.
You can learn more more about The Network/La Red and the services they provide on their website.
Crime Junkie is proud to be a sponsor of the Network/la Red’s annual fundraiser, Paint the Town (La) Red, in 2020! This event helps to raise funds to make a difference in the lives of LGBTQ survivors. You can learn more about the event here.
Episode Source Material
- A Town Like No Other
- Granby homicide a suspected act of domestic violence
- Annamarie Rintala of Granby homicide investigation remains shrouded in secrecy (trial 1)
- Prosecutor details last hours of murder victim Annamarie Cochrane Rintala at bail hearing of her wife, Cara Rintala (trial 1)
- Commonwealth vs. Cara Rintala Motion In Limine (pre-trial motion stuff, trial 1)
- Reasonable Doubt: The Cara Rintala Murder Trial
- Cara Rintala murder trial in Northampton has day of testimony on evidence (trial 2)
- CARA RINTALA vs. COMMONWEALTH
- Witness in Cara Rintala murder trial: 2-year-old said, ‘Mommy’s in the basement (trial 3)
- The Annamarie Cochrane Rintala many people did not know
- Judge denying Cara Rintala’s motion for reduced conviction
- Dateline – At The Bottom Of The Stairs
- Judge denies convicted murderer Cara Rintala’s motion for ‘Dateline NBC’ footage
- The Top 4 Stressors for Couples Today
- 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey Report
- Domestic Violence and the LGBTQ Community