When a mother of three walks out her front door and into the New York morning, she leaves a trail of heartbreak, suspicion, and unanswered questions in her wake. It takes almost 15 years for investigators to finally untangle the truth about her disappearance – and the unimaginable reason behind it all.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
Episode Source Material
- The Post-Standard: Deputies seek mom missing since January
- The Post-Standard: Missing mother case baffles kin, detectives
- Syracuse Herald Journal: Officers arrest accused rapist
- The People of the State of New York v. George W. Geddes, Jr. Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Fourth Department, New York. October 7, 1992.
- Syracuse Herald Journal: Mattydale woman walked out in 1990
- People v Geddes, Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Fourth Department, New York. September 30, 1994.
- Syracuse Journal: Mattydale woman’s 1990 disappearance a mystery
- Syracuse Post-Standard: Family Seeks Closure
- Syracuse Herald Journal: Eight years later, her family wants an answer on her fate
- Syracuse Herald Journal: Mystery stills shrouds identity of skeleton
- Syracuse Post-Standard: Body found in container believed to be Mattydale woman; police question boyfriend
- Syracuse Post-Standard: Detective worked case for 8 years
- Syracuse Post-Standard: Letters say Geddes had reformed his ways
- The Ithica Journal (Associated Press): Police find rotting body near Syracuse
- Syracuse Post Standard: Victim’s daughter tells suspect, you’re not sorry
- Democrat and Chronicle: Body found in storage identified
- The Ithica Journal: Daughter of victim – suspect raped her
- Syracuse Post-Standard: A cabbie’s fair-thee-well to Reome’s memory
- Syracuse Post Standard: Service recalls homicide victim
- Syracuse Post Standard: Man indicted in 1990 death of his girlfriend
- Syracuse Post Standard: Suspect arraigned in girlfriend’s death
- Syracuse Post Standard: Murder case suspect gets term for lying
- Syracuse Post Standard: Reome slaying suspect will have court hearing
- Syracuse Post Standard: Murder trial begins April 4
- Auburn Citizen (Associated Press): Stored body trial
- Syracuse Post Standard: Murder trial begins in hidden body case
- Buffalo News: Trial begins in slaying of long-missing woman
- Syracuse Post Standard: Geddes guilty in 1990 murder
- Glens Falls Post-Star: Man convicted in murder of girlfriend
- The Ithica Journal: Man convicted in 1990 Syracuse area murder
- Buffalo News: Man guilty of killing girlfriend in 1990
- Syrause Post-Standard: Killer receives 25 years to life
- People v Geddes, Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Fourth Department, New York. March 14, 2008.
- Margaret “Peggy” Reome Obituary
- Cold Case Files: Season 5, Episode 11: A Killer’s Skin / Where’s Peggy