During a blizzard on December 6, 2009, Josh Powell Claims to have taken his two young sons, ages 2 and 4, camping. When he returned home, he finds friends and family frantically searching for them. They’re all relieved when he and the boys arrive safely. But where is Susan? Josh becomes a prime suspect in her disappearance, but when the system fails to prove a case against him and protect his kids, he turns on them and kills them in an unimaginably brutal fashion.
Sources for this Episode:
- If I Can’t Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her Children
- Timeline: The Powell Family’s Tragic Two Years
- Susan Powell Update: Police close case of missing Utah mom, offer new details
- West Valley City photos, documents relating to the Susan Powell case
- Powell’s story: cruelty, abuse from an early age
- Josh Powell: Could His Sons’ Deaths Have Been Prevented?
- Mom Susan Powell goes missing on same cold night dad takes boys ‘camping’: Is there a crack in the case?
- Video: Josh Powell 911 Call Made by the Social Worker
- Transcript: Social worker’s 911 call from Josh Powell’s home
- Video: Susan Powell Talks About Her Life and Possessions