When a young mom is killed by her boyfriend’s service weapon local law enforcement treats her death as a terrible tragedy and rules it a suicide. But her family believes the truth is much more sinister.
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts or showing warning signs, please talk to someone you trust, call your doctor or nurse practitioner, or go to your local emergency room.
In the United States
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24 hours): 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or text ‘HELLO’ to 741741
Canada Suicide Prevention Service (CSPS): 1-833-456-4566
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
Episode Source Material
- Behind The Blue Wall – It’s that simple? Anonymous deputy says his anonymous girlfriend killed herself and the anonymous investigators believe him.
- Two Gunshots On a Summer Night
- Jeremy Banks 911 Call from The New York Times
- PBS Frontline – A Death In St. Augustine
- Deputy Jeremy Banks 911 Call Analyzed
- Michelle O’Connell death investigation timeline
- Review of Michelle O’Connell’s Death Investigation
- Rusty Rodgers Internal Investigation Report – FL Department of Law Enforcement
- After 3-year-investigation, FDLE agent back on job
- Murder or Suicide? The Exhumation of Michelle O’Connell
- PBS Frontline – Lawsuit Dismissed Against Florida Agent in Michelle O’Connell Investigation
- Jeremy Banks on Death of Michelle O’Connell
- A family’s battle against a sheriff to try to prove relative was killed
- Self-styled investigator in Michelle O’Connell case found shot dead
- FDLE sits out death investigation linked to O’Connell case
- Michelle O’Connell: 7 things to know about suspicious death of person looking into case
- Michelle O’Connell’s mom: World Golf Village father killed days after ‘bombshell’ records request
- O’Connell case researcher found dead in January was killed, ME says
- Investigating One Fatal Shooting, a Florida Sleuth Dies in Another
- A Florida woman is found dead, authorities ruled it a suicide, but her family believes she was killed
- Killing of Michelle O’Connell case researcher shrouded in mystery nearly a year later
- New Witness Emerges in Florida Woman’s 2010 Death
- Amateur Sleuth Investigates Shooting of Young Mom—and Winds Up Dead
- Probe finds no homicide likely in Florida mom’s 2010 fatal shooting