On March 24th, 2012, Molly Young rushed to her on-again, off-again boyfriend Richie Minton’s aid, only to be found dead hours later in his Carbondale, Illinois apartment with a gunshot wound to the head. Did she take her own life, or was she the victim of foul play? With lingering doubts about the investigation’s integrity, the search for answers continues.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
Join the “Justice for Molly” Facebook group to learn more.
Episode Source Material
- Carbondale Police records
- Illinois State Police records
- Jackson County (IL) Court records
- Appellate Court of Illinois Fifth District records
- State’s Attorneys Appellate Prosecutor report: Molly Young Death Investigation
- Young Family Response to Special Prosecutor’s Report
- KFVS: Family hopes websites will help bring in tips about Molly Young’s death by Carly O’Keefe
- True Crime Daily: Crime Watch Daily investigates the controversial death of Molly Young
- Daily Egyptian: State’s attorney and coroner’s races could impact future of Molly Young case by Keaton Yates
- Illinois Bar Journal: Molly’s Law gives some wrongful death claimants more time to sue by Matthew Hector
- KFVS 12: I-Team reports on the Molly Young Death investigation by Crystal Britt