In February 1978, five young men headed from their home in Yuba County, California to catch a college basketball game – and never came home.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
- ‘Bizarre as Hell’: The Disappearance of the Yuba County Five
- Out in the Cold: Four mentally disabled men died in woods. But what happened to the fifth?
- Out in the Cold: Were 4 mentally disabled men set up to die in the California woods?
- 5 boys who never came home
- The Mathias Group from Yuba City – Strange deaths on U.S. mountains
- Reading Eagle: Five retarded men vanish without a trace
- Galveston Daily News: Disappearance of 5 men keeps police frustrated
- Lodi News Sentinel: Theory of why 5 died
- Sun-Star: 3 of 5 men found dead
- Marysville Appeal Democrat: Search team enlarged in hunt for last two
- Marysville Appeal Democrat: One man still missing after Jack Huett found
- Marysville Appeal Democrat: Forest service said it told about bunkhouse
- Democrat and Chronicle: Final journey of 5 leaves a mystery
- LA Times: Mystery of 5 men lost in Sierra deepens
- The Sacramento Bee: Yuba alert is out for five slightly handicapped men
- Let’s talk about it: Gary Mathias and his four friends
- The Sacramento Bee: Discovery of car spurs hunt for 5