In 1981 a young boy named Adam was abducted by a stranger from a shopping plaza. It would take almost three decades to bring closure to his family but in that time Adam’s legacy would forever change the way America views and handles missing children cases.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
You can learn more about the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children here.
Episode Source Material
- Did Dahmer Have One More Victim?
- Bringing Adam Home: The Abduction that Changed America by Les Standiford with Det. Sgt. Joe Matthews
- Adam Walsh Wiki
- ‘Adam’ again draws callers
- 3 Children found after showing of ‘Adam’
- Police records
- Letter from Ottis to John Walsh
- 27 Yeas Later, Case Is Closed in Slaying of Abducted Child
- Adam Walsh Murder: John and Reve Walsh Re-Live the Investigation
- Police: 1981 Killing of Adam Walsh solved
- Ottis Toole Wiki
- When this boy was abducted from a mall, the crime became an all-time mystery
- Police Files On Adam’s Disappearance Give Suspects Leads, But No Conclusion
- The Notorious Case of Adam Walsh: Did Police Get The Wrong Killer and Even the Wrong Victim?