When a 20-year-old soldier goes missing from one of the largest military bases in the country, her tight-knit family is determined to find her and bring her home. But the investigation into her disappearance uncovers more than anyone bargained for – secrets, lies, and a system that failed to protect the people within it. And it has left everyone asking: what is going on at Fort Hood, Texas?
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts or showing warning signs, please talk to someone you trust, call your doctor or nurse practitioner, or go to your local emergency room.
In the United States
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24 hours): 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or text ‘HELLO’ to 741741
Canada Suicide Prevention Service (CSPS): 1-833-456-4566
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
If you have information on the case for Gregory Wedel Morales, you can contact CID Special Agents at 254-257-2722 or your local police. You can also submit a tip online to the CID anonymously here.
Episode Source Material
- United States Army Criminal Investigation Command: Public’s Help Sought in Locating Fort Hood Soldier
- Vanessa Guillen: A timeline of events and everything we know about her disappearance
- Reward for missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen doubles to $50,000
- Vanessa Guillen: Evidence found a week before remains were located matched what witness saw at Fort Hood
- Pfc. Vanessa Guillen bludgeoned to death on Army base, family attorney says
- Vanessa Guillen: Timeline offers look at tragedy and legacy of Ft. Hood soldier
- What We Know About the Death of Vanessa Guillen
- 20/20: “I am Vanessa”
- Army announces new investigation into Vanessa Guillen case as senior Fort Hood official removed from post
- Army officials reveal new details in Vanessa Guillen case
- U.S. Army Foot Hood website: REMEMBERING VANESSA GUILLEN
- What to know about missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- ‘The military failed him,’ family of slain Fort Hood soldier Gregory Wedel Morales says
- ‘The military failed him’: Soldier’s bones found months after he was labeled a deserter
- Family hopes autopsy will help strike dead Fort Hood soldier’s name from deserter list
- Fort Hood: What we know about 12 soldiers missing, slain or killed in accidents since January
- Lawmakers to officially introduce #IAmVanessaGuillen bill Wednesday
- Cecily Aguilar’s hearing, trial delayed
- Military makes little effort to punish deserters
- What Happens to Cheating Soldiers?
- A Year of Heartbreak and Bloodshed at Fort Hood
- Missing Fort Hood soldier found in Louisiana
- Vanessa Guillen’s Mother Claims Her Killer Did Not Die