In February of 2000, a 9-year-old girl named Asha Degree packed her book bag and tucked it away, waiting for the right time to sneak out of her North Carolina home. To this day, no one knows why she left, or why she was walking along Highway 18 alone around 4 in the morning. And the case would only get more confusing as her belongings start to pop up along that same highway, spaced out over 26 miles, and 18 months.
Episode Source Material
- Wikipedia – Disappearance of Asha Degree
- After 15 years, family keep searching for Asha
- Where is Asha?
- Missing & Black: What happened to Asha Degree?
- Girl’s disappearance baffles investigators
- Book bag may hold more than meets the eye
- SBI search for possible remains of Asha
- Items may be linked to missing girl, 9
- Asha bookbag results come back from FBI
- Book, band T-shirt are new clues to NC girl’s disappearance in 2000, detectives say