On November 20, 2012, Sage Smith left her home at 5:30 for a date. She was seen alone at 6:30 talking to someone on the phone. Then possibly sighted one more time at 7:00 at a cafe, again alone. Her father and friends were her advocates and attempted to investigate her disappearance on their own. They ended up in the same place where the police ended up – a dead end. No one has seen her since and police are still looking to speak with the man she last communicated with that day.
Sage was supposed to be meeting up with Erik McFadden that night. They exchanged texts but Erik has had an ever-changing story about what happened that night. He’s even unclear on if he actually met up with Sage at all. Police are still looking for Erik. They consider him a person of interest and think he may have been a witness to whatever happened to Sage.
There is a $10,000 reward for information leading to a conclusion in the case. Anyone with information on Sage Smith or Erik McFadden should contact Detective Ronald Stayments at 434-970-3280 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.
- ‘I am a Girl Now’ Sage Smith Wrote. Then She Went Missing.
- Find Sage Smith Facebook
- Charley Project – Dashad Smith
- Born this Way – Disappeared on Investigation Discovery
- CPD: Missing Sage Smith Investigation Now Reclassified as Homicide
- Police search home for evidence at former home of Sage Smith
- 19-year-old Trans Woman Sage Smith is Missing
- Sage Smith, transgender woman missing since 2012, now considered homicide case
- Sage Smith wiki: Black, transgender woman missing since 2012