Elizabeth Santos’ unexpected and tragic death in 2020 left behind a million questions. Some believe it was the result of a mental health crisis, but many of her loved ones think she’s a victim of foul play, and they’ve been pushing for answers.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
The NAMI HelpLine can be reached Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m., ET. Call 1-800-950-NAMI (6264), text “HelpLine” to 62640 or email at [email protected]
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Línea de Prevención del Suicidio y Crisis: 1-888-628-9454
For TTY Users: Use your preferred relay service or dial 711 then 1-800-273-8255
Episode Source Material
- Original Reporting by Nina Schutzman
- Anchorage Police Department records (provided by Santos family)
- Anchorage Fire Department records (provided by Santos family)
- Providence Alaska Medical records (provided by Santos family)
- Alaska State Medical Examiner’s Office records (provided by Santos family)