Shawn Grate is currently awaiting trial in Ohio for two counts of murder but his admitted body count is much higher. From 2005 to 2016, he terrorized vulnerable women of Ohio but police had no idea. Shawn Grate murdered women that police didn’t even consider missing. It wasn’t until one day in September when an unthinkable call to 911 changed everything.
These are the five women Shawn has admitted to killing. He is currently only charged with the murders of Stacey Stanley and Elizabeth Griffith. His trial starts April 9, 2018. Pending those charges, police may or may not charge him with the murders of Candice Cunningham, Rebekah Leicy, and Jane Doe who people often refer to as “Dana”.
Listen to the full 911 call above.
Grate says his very first murder was of a Jane Doe whose skeletal remains were found dumped along Victory Road just south of Linn-Hipsher Road in northeast Marion County in 2007. Grate states that he murdered her in 2005 after an encounter with her selling magazines door to door. He said her name could have been Dana or Diana but he doesn’t remember. Please visit the Doe Network’s site HERE for more pictures of this young girl. Someone has to be missing her.
Listen to Episode 7
- A serial killer’s victim made a 911 call that helped police link the cases of 5 murdered women
- Five bodies now connected to Ashland man accused of murder and kidnapping
- Listen to the chilling 911 call from a woman held captive in Ohio
- Doe Network
- Shawn Grate: a cold-blooded charmer
- Ohio Police Ignored Mom’s Disappearance Days Before She Was Found Beaten to Death, Family Claims
- Autopsy report reveals two of Shawn Grate’s alleged victims were strangled
- Family of missing woman upset about Ashland investigation
- Second body identified as missing Ashland woman
- Candice Cunningham, Rebekah Leicy ID’d as Shawn Grate’s alleged victims, sources say