This is an update to the August 2020 episode “UNIDENTIFIED: Flathead County Doe.” In the year and a half since the release of that episode, more people submitted their DNA to genealogical databases, and in February 2022 Flathead County Doe was identified as Steven Gooch.
In the rest of this episode we also discuss the following headlines:
- Remains found and suspected to be of missing Brandon Lawson
- A recent search for Susan Cox Powell and its findings
- A senseless and horrific murder leaves China Town grieving
- Las Vegas man arrested for holding his girlfriend captive and killing her 4-year-old son
- Missing child Paislee Shultiz found alive and kept under a staircase
- New details in the events prior to the disappearance of Kara Nichols are made public
- An Ontario Dr. is charged with the murder of a patient and suspected of more
- DNA technology helps identify a serial killer from Oregon
Sign up for the ‘Stay Alive’ fan club level in the month of March to hear this whole episode and get a new episode like this every month. Along with an extra full episode, mini-episode and all our wide release episodes early and ad-free.
You can see all the fan club content HERE and when you sign up for an annual membership you get ALL past episodes as well.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
If you think you have information relating to the investigation into Steven’s death, you can contact the Flathead County Sheriff’s Office at 406-758-5600 or email [email protected].
Episode Source Material
- King5 News: Steven Gooch last spoke to his family in 1995, his remains were finally identified thanks for DNA, by Elizabeth Wiley
- Montana Right Now: Remains from nearly 20 years ago in Flathead County identified thanks to DNA Doe Project
- DNA Doe Project: Marion Flathead Co John Doe 2003
- KPAX: Human remains from 2003 Flathead County ‘cold case’ identified, by MTN News