When a 9-year-old girl vanishes from her home overnight, investigators must try and overcome a lack of evidence and follow a number of shocking, but ultimately dead-end tips that have them convinced she is still out there somewhere more than 3 decades later.
For our friends in the Deaf and Signing community, you can view an ASL version of this episode HERE.
If you see Anthonette or have any information about her disappearance or current whereabouts, please contact the Gallup Police via Crime Stoppers at 1-877-722-6161.
You can also go online and submit a tip at tips.fbi.gov.
And for more information on ending gender-based violence in tribal communities, visit the National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center niwrc.org.
Episode Source Material
- Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM): Reward Offered in Gallup Case via Newspapers.com.
- Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM): Police have leads, plan to backtrack in Gallup abduction, by Patricia Locke.
- Clovis News Journal (Clovis, NM): Police look for missing Gallup girl via Newspaperarchive.com.
- Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM): Fate of Missing Girl, 9, Remains, Mystery, by Patricia Locke.
- Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM): Anthonette, Where are you now? Mysterious telephone call renews hope that missing Gallup girl can be found, by Patrice Locke.
- The Santa Fe New Mexican (Santa Fe, NM): Broadcast brings leads in abduction, by Associated Press.
- Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack (Season 5, Episode 14) via YouTube.
- Gallup Independent (Gallup, NM): Cold Cases, by Leslie Wood.
- Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM): Holding out hope for girl who vanished 30 years ago, by Joline Gutierrez Krueger.
- Gallup Sun (Gallup, NM): 30 years later: Abduction of Gallup girl continues to intrigue local residents, by Babette Herrmann.
- KRQE News (Albuquerque, NM): FBI renews search for missing Gallup girl on 35th anniversary of disappearance, by KRQE Staff.
- KOAT (Albuquerque, NM): FBI using Navajo language to help close unsolved cases, by Sasha Lenninger.
- Inside the FBI: Missing Children’s Day 2022 via FBI.gov.
- KOAT (Albuquerque, NM): Have you seen Anthonette Cayedito?, by Sasha Lenninger.
- City of Golden Police Department (Golden, Colorado): Facts and Statistics About Sex Offending.
- Almanac County 911 Central Communications (Almanac County, North Carolina): Timeline of 9-1-1.
- Utah American Indian Digital Archive: History: The Navajo.
- Nevada Public Radio, KNPR: Gallup, New Mexico – ‘Drunk Town, USA,’ – Works To Change Its Image by Laurel Morales.