In September of 1992, a young teenager named Misty Copsey went missing after visiting the local fair in Puyallup, Washington with her best friend. Almost 26 years have passed and all we have are a handful of suspicious suspects and a pair of jeans found at a site that could be linked to a serial killer. Plus, a rogue private citizen, whose efforts to try to solve the case have become an obsession, that might actually be distracting from the real investigation.
Rheuban was 18 and had an unhealthy crush on Misty at the time of her disappearance. His stories haven’t been consistent and he claims to have suffered a “black out” the night Misty went missing.
Photo found HERE.
Kim and Anna were both found off of Highway 410 near where Misty’s jeans where found. All three girls were killed and went missing with exactly 2 years and 1 month in between each instance.
- The Stolen Child Series by Sean Robinson
- Cast of Characters
- Loose ends / FAQ
- How we got this story
- A roster of possible suspects in the Misty Copsey Case
- Long gone, still sought: The search for Misty Copsey
- Piecing together the portrait of a serial killer
- Police reopen cold case after 21 years
- Did Misty Copsey Run Away or Run into Foul Play? Police think Spanaway Teen, Missing Since ’92, May be Dead
- DNA could solve Misty Copsey’s 1992 disappearance, death
- Charlie Project – Misty Copsey
- Puyallup Population Data
- Washington State Fair Info
- Bringing Misty Copsey Home – Facebook
- My Family is Responsible for the Disappearance of Misty Copsey
- Misty Copsey Forum