Through the 80’s & 90’s, women in the state of Washington were turning up dead. First, along the Green River, then in other clusters throughout the state and even into Portland, Oregon. Not only had these women been murdered but their killer would re-visit their corpses and sexually assault them multiple times until their corpses were fully decomposed and consumed by maggots. A man named Gary Ridgway had been pointed out by a number of witnesses as being the Green River Killer but police were unable to make an arrest until DNA connected him to four crimes scenes in 2001 – two decades and at least 49 victims later.
Interesting Fact: Did you know Ted Bundy helped law enforcement profile the Green River Killer before he was caught? And he was pretty spot on. You can read about that HERE.
Listen to Episode 28
- Ridgway went from having sex with prostitutes ‘to just plain killing ’em’
- Ridgway Court Documents
- A father led police to Ridgway in 1983
- Cold Case is Closed by DNA Match: Green River Killer
- Green River Killer admits to murder of 48 women
- Skull of woman killed by Ridgway found
- How Ted Bundy Helped Catch America’s Worst Serial Killer, Gary Ridgway
- Gary Ridgway “The Green River Killer” – Serial Killer Documentary
- Gary Ridgway’s son hold memories of regular soccer dad
- Creepy and Terrifying Details About the Green River Killer
- Biography – Gary Ridgway